If you are like me you live and breathe fashion. You are constantly inspired with so many new designs racing through your mind, so many you can’t seem to get them all down quick enough at the pace they arrive. You constantly dream of the day your fashions will be on the fashion runway with the lights beaming brightly overhead, the cameras flashing everywhere and the audience being completely mesmerized by your incredible designs. You can’t stop thinking of the day you will open a magazine or watch the Oscars and see a famous celebrity in one of your breathtaking designs. Your book shelf is stocked with fashion books and magazines, and you absolutely can’t resist visiting textile stores to view all the latest fabrics, decorative beads, rhinestones and trims.
It’s this ever present dream of being a successful fashion designer that has you work day and night on your designs in most cases for many years without pay and working a job to pay the pills which is brutal torture, when all you can think about is living and working in fashion.
Famous fashion designers come from all walks of life there is no one system to follow that will have you become the next famous fashion designer. Some have graduated from elite fashion schools and some have never attended fashion school. Some have undertaken a fashion internship with a fashion house and others have made their own designs in their basement. The only elements all these fashion designers have in common is they had an intense passion for fashion, were able to design fashions highly sought after and connected with someone who gave them the opportunity to break into the fashion industry. It is essential in becoming a successful fashion designer you get you and your designs out there as much as possible, as how will anyone know about your fashions if they can’t see them?
In getting your fashions out there here are a few things you can do:
1. We are not usually good at everything some of us are great at designing clothes but lack the sewing and pattern making skills. It is here you can partner with someone who shares your passion for fashion and has the skills you lack. It is in the bringing together of different skills you can create a real product that can be showcased.
2. In having a fashion line of 14 outfits you can apply to your local fashion week. In the USA: New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco all have fashion weeks. These fashion weeks attract many editors, journalists and local socialites who will see your fashions and potentially give you the exposure you need to get known.
3. Many city night clubs hold fashion shows, find out what night clubs hold fashion shows and contact them as to how you can be apart of an up and coming show.
4. Locate fashion boutiques that cater to the fashions you design, first make a trip to the stores to look around, if you can see your clothes fitting in well with the store, find out who the owner is and ask if they would be willing to have some of your fashions offered for sale in their store. You will be amazed at how many store owners are willing to work with you. I walked around San Francisco in the Nob Hill district and had my fashions placed after visiting and discussing my product with four boutiques. In having your fashions displayed you will receive valuable insights as to whether or not your designs are in demand and if you need to change your designs to increase sales. It will also give you free exposure to the public. When your fashions do sell you can present this to investors who are more than willing to invest in your line, when you prove the existence of a strong demand for your fashions.
Social Networking has spread like wildfire, and many of these sites are still gathering hordes of new members every day.
Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Tagged, LinkedIn, YouTube and many others are an automatic must view every time many people sign on to the internet. How safe is your personal information on social networking sites?
Many of these 2.0 web destinations have a common theme, they encourage the sharing of information in one form or another with authorized followers. Granted a lot of the information people share is not harmful, though some can turn out to be very harmful, consider the following
- The Lori Drew case, where Lori established a false online profile with the intent of bullying her daughters online rival. The rival ended up committing suicide. Lori is in prison. How many other cases like this are out there?
- Some users make the bad guys job just too easy, by posting things like their social security number in their profile, or even when they register, these sites have no need for your social security number.
These examples are similar in that they are common mistakes.
- Some things that get posted seem to be very innocent and not dangerous. A recent burglary was facilitated by a young woman who posted her plans to go out one evening on her social networking page. While she was gone thieves broke into her apartment and stop more than $ 10,000 worth of electronic and other equipment. Luckily they overlooked the CCTV equipment that recorded their actions, when the police released the video to the news media one of the young woman's followers recognized the thieves as other registered followers who she knew from high school. This particular incident turned out okay, just imagine though what could have happened if the young woman had come back to her apartment while the thieves were still there!
The above incidents point out some of the things you need to be careful about when interacting with social networks. Aside for authorized followers being able to access the info you post. Think about every way you interact, for example;
- There are reports of hackers getting into social networking member files and finding information that can help the identify users.
- A newer attack is the posted false false that attract followers, then the persons behind those profiles will solicit information from those followers.
So what are some of the steps you should take to stay safe on social networking sites?
- Be careful of what information you provide on profile pages as well on your own page. Your age or birth date, your social security number, your location, your phone number, your email address, your job, your friends or family names, your photo, all could have been used to find information about your real identity.
- Do not post information about your schedule schedule, your vacation schedule, even your work schedule, if a potential bad guy gets that kind of information, they will know when you are not home.
- Never respond to invitations to share user names or passwords.
- Be careful about exposing any personal information unless you know exactly who you are interacting with.
Online businesses are becoming very popular. Everyone is looking for self employment opportunities that involve minimal or zero investment. If you do not want to obtain an office or make an investment in a company; you can become an affiliate to earn commissions. You do not need to have your own products or services; all you're doing is promoting someone's product to get paid. You will be known as an independent contractor and you must have skills in sales as well as a people person that is not afraid to get out there and make presentations or attract customers through posted videos and blogs to get the attention that you need for potential sales.
By becoming an affiliate you can start making money while working your regular 9:00 to 5:00 or right from home. An advantage of becoming an affiliate is that your small business is already accredited locally and nationally and consumers are already aware of the products that you are currently selling and how they work. You are simply getting the word out there about a product or service that is already in good standing and that that completely covered with insurance and governmental approval. Testimonies relating to the excellence of the product will already be available for you to use while promoting the product. People may possibly have already heard testimonials about how well the products work and how cost effective they are along with the benefits of them.
A great way to make your presentation known is to create postings, write blogs as well as creating a website to help get your name out there to the public. Obtaining a website to promote your affiliate business can be inexpensive and easy to maintain by using the tutorials that are given. When becoming an affiliate do research on available options in offered by companies; select a company that offers you a great product and a substantial benefit for selling and promoting the product. To be successful as an affiliate you must spend time doing research to choose the right program and maximize your profits. While choosing your program you want to become an affiliate with give thought to the process you will be following to promote the sales of the products. Do not expect high returns on day one. Every business takes time to establish and to earn profits. Do research to promote the right product.
Becoming an affiliate has great perks such as being an accredited affiliate for product or services locally and nationally, promoting a product that has already been known and has possible testimonials, you are able to conduct your own business selling other products and collecting profits and create your own hours. Research the companies that offer the programs that work best with your talent and skills. Create your own schedule and determine to set up the blogs, social networking sites and websites that are needed to attract customers 24-7. An online business is easy to promote and can draw traffic daily when promoted properly. Become an affiliate and create revenue each month; once when you become an affiliate you can quit your day job and work full time from home.
Weddings are ceremonies where a couple gets to share their best day with their friends, family and loved ones. It is a ceremony that most people consider the most important in their lives. It is a great privilege to be invited to share and celebrate with the couple but it is even more honorable to be chosen by the couple or family to give wedding ceremony speeches. Some of the wedding ceremony statements are given after the couple exchange their wedding vows during the church service, while others are given during the reception as people eat and make merry. Brother of the bride wedding speech is one of the common wedding speeches. Others short wedding speeches are given by the couples best man and maid of honor, father or mother of the bride or groom, siblings to the couple or other close family and friends ..
The Brother of the bride wedding speech is one where a brother gives the positive experiences of his sister. Brother of the bride wedding speech is one of the short wedding speeches, which can be given by the bride's brother in place of their father. Brother of the bride wedding speech should start with congratulations to the couple on their hard work and planning. The bride can be assured that all worked out beautifully according to plan and everything looks great. The brother of the bride wedding speech should sound personal as the brother narrates some of the childhood experiences. This helps to spark fond memories and allows the rest of the family and friends at the reception to share a little with the two siblings. The brother also gets to invite his new brother in law into the family. If the brother shares the same sense of humor with the couple, he can make a few jokes without embarrassing the couple in any way or add some love quotes and finally congratulate them as he welcomes another family member to give their speech as well.
Some people feel that they need to write their brother of the bride wedding speech. The speech can be well planned, thought out and even finally written. The speech should briefly state what the brothers feeling and good wishes towards the couple. A few love quotes and / or jokes can be included in wedding speeches to make it less formal. The brother of the bride wedding speech can be casual with the brother telling the couple that he is really happy for them. One wedding speech example that a brother can give is as follows: – "… For the sake of those who do not know me my name is [Andrew]. [Alexia], the bride is my youngger sister. share in this beautiful occasion but I feel even more honored to give a speech. On behalf of the entire family, I would like to take this opportunity to invite [Boniface], my new brother in law into our family. memories I have of my sister include the day she removed her braces and she kept smiling at everyone saying how her teeth were beautiful … "This brother of the bride wedding speech is but balanced since it captures all the necessary aspects.